Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's the Holiday Season

Sorry I've been lax in updating the blog.

I saw my surgeon on Monday and all looks good. I scheduled the removal of my port (yay!) two weeks after what should be my last chemo infusion. He also gave me a referral for a new baseline mammogram, to be taken sometime in March.

And I missed my weekly check-up with Dr. Kuan. Blame it on the drugs, blame it on the holidays, blame it on me just being spacy. But I basically blew it. They had scheduled me for a Wednesday appt with a different doctor, but then that turned out to be unnecessary, and while I was having my chemo last week, they rescheduled me to my regular Tuesday afternoon. I never updated my calendar and, bother, I missed the appointment. Bother, bother, bother.

Oh well. Let's just hope there's nothing exciting in the blood work so that when I go in next week, all systems will be go.

And in the meantime, I went to my office holiday party at the Palace Saturday night. Frank and I had a really fun time. Here's a pic of Frank, me, Jackie, and Yusuf. We enjoyed cocktails at Ame (a nice bar at the Regis Hotel) with the development directors, and hosted by our wonderful boss, Martha. And then we all went to the Palace for a very fun party. Hors d'ouevres, dinner, door prizes, and dancing. I was a bit low energy, but I danced three songs before asking Frank to bring me home. And we were in bed by 10. Oy!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Dear Karen,

It has been a while since I've posted anything but always am thinking of you! I hope you've had a restful happy holiday surrounded by your family! Thank you for the Christmas greeting - your positive energy and great attitude is a real learning experience for me and I'm sure for so many who are witnessing your experience through this blog - you go girl!!!! XO, Sandy