Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to "Normal"...

...whatever that means. ;-)

I had a check-up with my oncologist on Monday and a blood test revealed that all my numbers are back to normal. (During treatment, I had been getting a steady dose of Neulasta to keep my count high enough to allow me to keep up the bi-weekly chemo treatments. These injections stopped, of course, when the chemo treatments stopped, and last June, my white blood cell count was somewhat low. Now, all is good again.) And since my most recent mammogram (December 1) was nice and clean, and my exam with Dr. Kuan yielded nothing scary, I don't have to have any more blood tests when I visit her. Yay!

In other news, we all went to see Slumdog Millionaire last weekend, with Jackie & Yusuf. A wonderful movie, and we followed it with curries and naan at Cafe Raj. A terrific date—I recommend it.

(Also, it's been a shocking two months since my last post. I'm getting back on the weekly wagon, just in case anyone is still reading.)

3 comments:

BbChoy said...

Im just visiting your blog

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading, and this is GREAT news. Happy New Year, indeed.

Anonymous said...

KAREN, great, great news so very happy for you and all the good results...you are a star, keep up the good work. Must see all the A movies before the Oscars way behind.Deirdre