Friday, January 25, 2008

It Could Be Nothing....

So, the ultrasound yielded more ambiguity. So they did a mammogram, which was similarly non-conclusive.

Dr. Wong tried to get hold of my oncologist, Dr. Kuan, but was unsuccessful. He wants to do an MRI to see if that tells us anything.

Basically, he says, the mass does not look like what he would typically think of as a cancerous mass. But he can't tell what it is and so says we need to do an MRI to see if anything has metastisized. If the MRI indicates it's not something good, or is--like everything else so far--inconclusive, then we'll do a biopsy.

Frank would prefer we just do the biopsy and cut to the chase. Me? I'm just tired.

So, we'll wait to hear from Dr. Kuan and then do the MRI. Meanwhile, I still can't talk about this. It's too frustrating and it makes me weep. And I'm so weary of weeping.

6 comments:

Colleen's Super Rad Blog about nothing said...

HUGG (the only four-letter, family friendly word I could think of)

Anonymous said...

Double hugg.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wishing I was there for you.

Love ya!

Emily said...

Well, bah-humbug

I love you lots, wish I was there

Why Take a "Break"? said...

Bah-humbug, indeed, and well said. As I said, it could turn out to be nothing, but I *hate* limbo and this is the worst sort. Thanks to everyone for your patience with me.

Jacqueline said...

Several days later, still thinking of you and hating limbo right along with you. If you need more chocolates or booze or video distractions from the waiting, just say the word.