Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Almost There

A brief aside: So many times in the past half year, I've felt like that guy at the end of Star Wars--the one who is tasked with dropping a charge into the chute that will cause the explosion and destruction of the Death Star. You know him--he's the guy who is focused on his targeting device and he keeps saying, "Almost there..... almost there.... almost there...."

So here we are again. Almost there.... :-)

The biopsy went just fine this morning, though I couldn't help but get weepy. The last time I did this the result was pretty awful and it's hard for my imagination to avoid that scary place. I've been a bit of a wreck for the past several days and I've been a little crazy/grouchy with my loved ones. My poor husband. His patience seems to know no bounds.

With the stress, it's been extremely difficult for me to fall asleep the past week or so, and last night as I was preparing for bed I thought, "Well, duh" and I took an Atavan. I feel asleep with nary a hitch. Thank heavens for medication.

Dr. Wong (Sue--for your chart--he's the doctor at the mammography and imaging center, and he did the biopsy this time, as well as last time) said it could be something called fat necrosis, and the samples floated in the solution in their little jar, so there's the bit of hope to which I currently cling.

We should have results by Thursday or Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking and praying all day and I was hoping you had a moment to post how it all went. I'm glad the biopsy is over and I hope you can get a good nights sleep.

I'm so glad you have such a wonderful and supportive husband...I'm jealous :)

Love ya!
Sue