Sunday, September 16, 2007

A New 'Do

Chemo Cut
I've decided that I don't really want to wait for my hair to start falling out, and then have a sad couple days with long grey hairs wrapping around my brush, etc. So, I took matters into my own hands (well, and those of Paul, at Festoon). I got a short cut I'm calling my Chemo Cut. To be more accurate, it is, of course, a pre-chemo cut, but I would not be getting it if it were not for the chemo, so I still think it's appropriate.

Okay, and now I'm babbling. :-)

So, ta da! Here I am. Freshly shorn.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for me - I think it is way cool. Love Dad

Why Take a "Break"? said...

Thank you, Poppy. :-)

Colleen's Super Rad Blog about nothing said...

beautiful.
love you, honey!

Team ACE said...

I like that you're taking charge! I like your short 'do, and I expect a wide variety of wild and crazy hair styles from you once the chemo starts. :)

WonderMike said...

The new do RULES!!!!

dror said...

Quite cute

Dawn said...

I LOVE IT!! I admire your *take charge* attitude.

Alix said...

Karen, I wish you the very best. It sounds like you are handling this like a real trooper. My thoughts are with you during your journey.

Alix

P.S. Thank you for linking to the breast cancer portion of my website!

Unknown said...

Very cute honey. You look like a teenager with prematurely grey hair! How you do dat?

Anonymous said...

Love the do. It's short, sassy, and splendid...just like you.

Leslie Kauffman said...

Great look! Thanks for letting us know about your blog so we can check in on how things are going. So sorry you're having to go through all of this ... we're thinking about you.

Why Take a "Break"? said...

Thanks for all the compliments! And Alix, thank you for your blog. It is a constant source of information (and therefore, comfort) to me.

Anonymous said...

It's the "Thoreau" cut: "Simplify, simplify". I'm so with how you're handling this, and hope you know it's OK to be empowered/scared/upbeat all at once.