Thursday, October 4, 2007

Symptoms Update

Monday (infusion day) was pretty much fine. I had a low-grade headache for most of the day and that evening. I had some insomnia between 1:40 and 4 a.m., but otherwise, things were okay.

Tuesday I was a little light-tummied and my cheeks were flushed (I wasn't feverish, but I looked like I was). But I was able to go for a nice walk and I was mostly okay.

Yesterday? Ugh. On the one hand, I am happy to report that the anti-nausea drugs appear to be working. While I am occassionally feeing nauseous, I'm not getting sick. On the other hand, they kind of knock you out. I felt tired and or dopey most of Wednesday and that is just a drag.

I know, I know. I really should quit my whining. Imagine going through this without all the many anti-emetics available to me.... <sigh>.

Anyhoo. I slept well last night and have my fingers crossed for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First week almost done ... hang in there! Watch this video tomorrow morning if you need some motivation to get out the door. You the Champ Karen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavFoyYJwPQ

Emily said...

You rock, Mamacita. I miss you guys.

Ellen Joy said...

sounds like so far, so...okay? I'll keep my fingers crossed for no more insomnia. Hang in there, tough stuff.